Frozen Hot Chocolate (Serendipity3)
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 package Hot Cocoa Mix (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cups White Chocolate Chips
- 12 ounces, fluid Can Evaporated Milk, Divided
- 4-½ cups Ice
- Whipped Cream, To Taste
- Mini Marshmallows, To Taste
Combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. Stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms. Add semi-sweet & white chocolate chips; stir. When chips begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Combine the chocolate base mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender (you can do this in batches) and cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into frosty glasses. Top each with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate chips & mini marshmallows, if desired.
Cake Batter Protein Shake
1/2 cupLow fat cottage cheese 11Scoop vanilla protein powder 23-5Drops butter or almond extract1 tbsVanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extractanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract3-5Stevia packets (or sweetener of choice to taste)1/2 cup-1cupWater (Alter this according to desired consistency)5-10Ice Cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)Optional:1/2 tsp xanthan gum 3Sprinkles for topping!
1 Cottage cheese may sound strange, but TRUST me… this is what makes the ‘MILKSHAKE’ consistency! Also, if you are sensitive to dairy, you can use tofu to get the same consistency!
2 I use Designer Whey Protein powder. It has 100 calories per scoop. I buy the vanilla flavor because it’s a good base to add whatever flavors you want to make. It is also all natural. You can buy it from Kroger, GNC, Trader Joe’s, Amazon, or Netrition.com.
3 You can get xanthan gum from most grocery stores in the gluten free section! Just a pinch of it makes your shake so thick and creamy!
Shamrock Protein Shake
Something to make ASAP!
Shamrock Protein Shake!
1/2Cup low fat cottage cheese 11/4 cupVanilla or plain protein powder (I use Designer Whey, which is 100 calories per scoop)1/8 tspMint extract (or to taste)2-3Packets of stevia or sweetener of choice (or to taste)5-10Ice cubes (more or less depending on how thick you like it)4 ozWater (again, alter according to desired thickness of shake)2-3 dropsGreen food coloring, or a handful of spinach to make it green!1-2 tbsSugar Free Instant Pistachio Pudding MixPinch
Guar or xanthan gum
Cottage cheese is what gives shake the thick milkshake consistency! You will not taste the cottage cheese I PROMISE, but you could also use vanilla Greek yogurt OR 1 additional scoop of protein powder instead!
Breakdown1Servings (1 shake)180Calories per shake5 gFat8 gCarbohydrate6 gSugar30 gProtein5WWP+*
Chocolate Pumpkin Trifle
Making this ASAP!
Chocolate Pumpkin Trifle
Serves four to six
For the mousse
7 oz. dark chocolate
2 oz. milk chocolate
1 egg yolk
¼ c. sugar
2 c. heavy cream
¼ tsp. cinnamon powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Using a double boiler, melt chocolates, then cool to room temperature.
2. In a separate bowl, whip eggs, yolk, and sugar to ribbon stage until light in color and thick. Temper them into the chocolate.
3. In another bowl, whip cream into soft peaks and fold into chocolate mixture, followed by cinnamon and vanilla. Chill to set.
4. Transfer mousse into a piping bag with a No. 4 tip and reserve until assembly.
For the meringue
1 c. granulated sugar
½ c. egg whites
1. In a double boiler, whisk sugar and eggs together until sugar has dissolved and mixture becomes frothy, about 3 minutes. (You can also use a heat-resistant bowl set over a low simmer.)
2. Using a handheld electric mixer, whip egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer meringue to a piping bag and use immediately.
4 to 6 leftover pumpkin pie slices
1. Using a round cookie cutter (or a jar lid or juice glass), slice the pie pieces into rounds that will fit into individual glasses or one large trifle serving piece.
2. Place one layer of pie on bottom of glass. Top pie with mousse, add another layer of pie, and then top with meringue.
3. Take a small handheld torch and caramelize meringue until lightly browned. Serve immediately.